Seraph Property Management is a rapidly growing property management firm based in Cardiff managing residential properties and leasehold blocks across South Wales. We believe in developing our people, and are proud members of ‘Investors In People’.
Seraph Property Management is looking for a Property Inspector that has experience in this role or similar within the property sector. The company has a strong culture surrounding hard work, dedication, customer service, attention to detail and teamwork.
The main responsibilities of a Property Inspector are to provide detailed visual condition reports of how the property is or has been kept during, or at the end of a tenancy. You will be the eyes and ears of the company in the field and the primary face-to-face contact with tenants in their homes. You will ensure that our portfolio of managed properties are maintained to a high standard and that landlords and tenants are complying with all contractual and legislative requirements.
- Undertaking detailed and accurate inventories of all managed properties before tenants move into the property.
- Undertaking full detailed inspections on checkout after the tenants move out. This will include arranging an inspection with tenants, accurately recording any damage or dilapidation to the property and reporting back to the property management team.
- Undertaking routine inspections on all managed properties. This will include; identifying and reporting any potential risks or maintenance issues; arranging with contractors to rectify any risks or maintenance items where necessary, advising tenants on common household issues.
- Liaising with landlords regarding maintenance items or other issues relating to their property.
- Communicating and liaising with relevant departments over issues found on the inspections, ensuring that maintenance jobs are added as necessary and the landlord is aware.
- Liaising with landlords and tenants as necessary over the inspection outcome.
- Assisting with general queries.
You may be required to carry out additional duties as and when required and to support the office-based property management team in particular during busy periods.
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Communication skills
- Numeracy and literacy skills
- IT skills
- Ability to manage own diary, prioritise workload and meet strict deadlines
- Organisational skills
- Very good planning skills
- Rent Smart Wales licensed
- Understanding of Health and Safety
- Experience of using Inventory Software
Must have a driving license and access to your own car.